"I met George upon the recommendation of Erik Friedlander while scoring a documentary by Mark Johnston called 'Wine and War'. He performed the written parts with technical precision, and a soulful, nuanced interpretation which brought the parts to life. His improvisation skills in the spirit of traditional Arabic Maqam, Avant-Garde or Neoclassical styles were key in making some of the cues more authentic and original. I would work with George again in a heartbeat."
- Karim Douaidy, NYC Composer & Producer, http://karimdouaidy.com/
"George is a ferociously talented session cellist with a unique perspective. Having the best of classical, Jazz and World music training, he can read, he can improvise, and he can memorize specific lines which he applies with his own vibrant 'joie de vivre'.
He works tirelessly with the producer to create what the recording artist needs, not what he thinks they should have, so there is no ego to get in the way of making a great album. I love working with him."
- Steáfán Hannigan, Irish multi-instrumentalist, author, composer, producer.
"George has a deep background in music, and has found a musical voice on the cello that reflects his love for music, for collaboration, and for a global culture. Thoughtful and articulate, George is a creative sideman as well as an engaging soloist."
- Eugene Friesen, Grammy winning cellist, composer. (Trio Globo, Paul Winter Consort)
"George is the ideal 21st-century musician- the future of the cello in alternative string music is safe in his hands!"
- Natalie Haas, renowned celtic cellist & session musician (Alisdair Fraser, Mark O'Connor)
"George is a uniquely thoughtful and versatile young cellist who brings a command of his instrument and a dedication to improvisation, making him a valuable addition to any musical environment!"
- Mike Block, pioneering cellist (Yo-Yo Ma's Silkroad Ensemble), creator of The Block Strap
"George is an extraordinarily intelligent and versatile musician. Whether playing electric cello in a post-bop fusion ensemble, leading a classical string section, or improvising a solo in traditional Arabic music, George brings an energy, intensity, and commitment that elevates the group and captivates listeners."
- David Wallace, D.M.A., Chair, String Department, Berklee College of Music